Nasrallah vows more fighting in Syria

admin

Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah said Friday he is ready to fight radical Muslims in Syria, a day after a deadly bombing in a Beirut stronghold of his Shiite pro-Damascus group. Nasrallah also accused Sunni extremists of responsibility for the car bombing that killed at least 22 people, in remarks after a previously unknown group, apparently a Syrian rebel cell, said it carried out Thursday’s attack. “I will go myself to Syria if it is so necessary in the battle against the takfiris (radical Sunni Muslims), Hezbollah and I will go to Syria” to fight rebels trying to oust the Damascus regime, he said defiantly. In a speech broadcast on television as Lebanon…

Next Post

Death toll in Lebanon bombing climbs to 22

Beirut, Aug 16 (EFE). — The number of fatalities from a carbomb attack in a Shi’ite Muslim neighborhood of Beirut has reached 22, a Lebanese police source told Efe Friday. Another 228 people were injured in…